With Elmhurst College right down the street from us, and a number of other colleges in the area, we can’t help but have a passion to reach college students! Whether you are from the area originally (and only home during Christmas and summer) or only near during the school year—or both!—we want to connect with you and help you get connected to our church family.
The College & Career group at Cityview is for anyone entering college through twentysomethings (18-29 years old). If you fall in this age range and are single, married, doing graduate work or out in the workforce, this group is for you. We want to create a space for you to connect with the Cityview community. Our group will also partner with other church college and career groups for some events and studies.
A few of the ways you can plug into this group are:
- Monthly events (i.e. Feed My Starving Children, Chicago Dogs game, Murder Mystery, Escape Rooms, serving at Inner City Impact, etc.)
Crock-Pot Cookoff | Feb 23 | 12-2p @ Cityview
Game Event | Date TBA
Coffee House Event | Date TBA
Chicago Dogs Game | Date TBA
- Monthly Dinner and Discussion group at the Bjerga home on the following dates
z March 22 | 12:30-2:30p | 736 E Berkshire, Lombard
z April 19 | 12:30-2:30p | 736 E Berkshire, Lombard
z May 17 | 12:30-2:30p | 736 E Berkshire, Lombard
- Summer Bible Study: Grounding ourselves in Scripture around important and relevant topics for the day. Topics for study would include politics, faith in school and work, dating/engagement/marriage, stewardship, what is the church, etc.
z Details TBA
- Trips: There are two trips in 2020 for 18-25 years olds
- Passion 2020, Atlanta, GA (Dec. 31-Jan. 2)
- reTHINK Apologetics Conference in Dallas, TX (Feb. 27-March 1)
For more information about the College & Career group, please contact Kyle Bjerga at firstname.lastname@example.org.